Simple, Easy, Fast

Simple. Easy, Fast, call it whatever you want but that is about all I can handle right now.  It has been six months since I joined "The Club" and it's time to get moving.  Sitting at the machine and sewing still feels awkward and new, so the only sewing has been beginner baby quilts for Project Linus.  I hope to get back to my reproduction doll quilts and more intricate work but for now this is where I am.



My sewing machine has moved from my sewing room (temporarily my son's bedroom) to the kitchen dining area, which had wonderful light but I couldn't handle all the stuff  being out all the time, to a corner of my bedroom.  Over the many years of sewing I think I have sewn in every room of the house, except the bathroom (now that would be strange) and have realized if you want to sew you could always find a place.  The bedroom will work out fine as soon as I get a little more light in there.

The first quilt top is a simple pattern I ordered from Etsy called Vice Versa  you can find the pattern Here.  Did I need a pattern for a simple quilt, probably not, but I ordered it anyway.  A very easy quilt and will use it again and again for Project Linus baby quilts.



The second is an I Spy Quilt, easy sewing and it's fun to see the different blocks come together.  No patttern, just 5" squares with a simple red border.

When your life is full of scraps, make a quilt,

BettyLou